What's it All About Then?

As Tony Hancock might have said 'I've had a dose of just about every God going!'. 

In my case that is very true.  Born into a Catholic family, I went to a Catholic primary school, an Anglican secondary school and in between primary and secondary school, I was in a care home run by a couple of very fervent United Reform Church Christians. I have worked in synagogues, trained as a Spiritualist Medium and many years I attended a Unitarian Church run by an atheist minister.

I am also an ordained Minister (in the Universal Life Church) and hold a degree in Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method from one of the toughest philosophy departments in the world. And these days, I am a keen member of the National Secular Society. 

But when I look around where I live, and I see lots of utterly miserable people, who all have one thing in common. They are all religious. As well as being miserable, they are also very angry. Despite this many feel the need to continue to ensnare more believers. 

I have nicknamed my high street 'God Alley'. This is because every Saturday, it is virtually impossible to walk ten metres along it without being accosted by someone trying to recruit you into one religion or another. Ignoring them does not make them go away. It emboldens them. No one listening to me as I stand preaching? Then I will start shouting. Or as one does, I will stand in a railway tunnel, where I know my voice will magnify and echo. People still not taking any notice? Well, lets use a loud speaker then.  

Unfortunately,  the guys from the other denomination have already got one. And its louder than yours. Best get a bigger one and add some music And so it goes on, with the religious 'nuclear arms race' escalating all the time, until one cannot buy a loaf of bread without having to endure a cacophony of screeching preaching! 

Despite the fact these Muppets are clearly committing a breach of the peace, preaching hate and broadcasting music or collecting money without the correct licenses, no one one from the police or council dares touch them, because they are too afraid of being called a racist or of having a totally non-existent 'phobia'. 

The better way to shut them up is to show them REAL light. And that is what this blog is all about. The aim here is to shine the rapturous light of ATHEISM into the faces of the victims of religion. I want to show believers how life can be so much more enjoyable without the millstone of god belief or religion pulling them down into the swamp down into the depths of despair. 

Now, I won't be taking the usual line of attacking religion. No, I want to just show them that 'play' is better than 'pray' any day of the week. I will of course make them think as well, because the habit of religion is like an addiction. The only way an addict gives up is when THEY realise they don't want their drink or drugs anymore. The same is true of religious believers. It is going to be fun. Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear NOT!

A Challenge to Believers